Traffic Safety Policy
Axelssons Turisttrafik AB strives to ensure that all traffic is conducted safely to achieve the vision of zero fatalities and serious injuries in traffic, and to constantly make improvements. We do this by:
- Ensuring that vehicles are roadworthy – through regular and documented maintenance of the vehicles, daily upkeep, and safety checks before driving.
- Ensuring that drivers are competent – through training, information, and competency tests.
- Ensuring that employees are sober – by conducting random drug tests and having an alcohol interlock in every vehicle.
- Ensuring that employees are well-rested – by following driving and rest time regulations, the Working Hours Act, monitoring driving and rest times via Idha-online, and ensuring compliance with the Working Hours Act.
- Prioritizing safety over schedule.
- Ensuring all employees are provided with the right conditions – such as driver specifications, timetables, training, a good working environment, etc.
- Ensuring that all traffic accidents and incidents are reported, documented, and investigated – by informing traffic management, filling in an incident report, and documenting any traffic accident or incident.
- Meeting customer requirements and adhering to professional traffic regulations.
Within Axelssons Turisttrafik AB, it is not acceptable to come to work hungover or under the influence. We aim to eliminate any substance abuse while retaining the employee.
- Therefore, Axelssons Turisttrafik AB conducts random alcohol and drug tests on 10% of all employees in our transport contract to prevent the risk of influence or misuse of alcohol or drugs. These random alcohol and drug tests also aim to increase traffic safety and enhance the confidence of both employees and passengers. The tests are carried out by companies that have trained testers and approved testing methods.
- The samples are always sent to an accredited laboratory. In the event of a positive drug test result or positive alcohol test, the person responsible for the staff is contacted, who then takes action according to the plan.
- If there is suspicion of influence, a test may be carried out to verify or refute the influence.
- Drug tests may be conducted when hiring new employees, and if this is the case, it will be informed during the job interview.
Policy Against Threats and Violence
At Axelssons Turisttrafik AB, we are committed to ensuring that both our employees and passengers feel safe during their journeys. To prevent potential threats and violent situations, we educate and inform our staff about conflict management and provide them with specific tools to handle any threats or acts of violence that may arise.